Tuesday, August 07, 2007

my geography teacher is a bitch.

mine wasn't particularly memorable but anyway i was feeling a little nostalgic about high school today. helping out the siblings for their studies, it got me thinking about all the different subjects we took for SPM. i was a lazy bum, i never went for additional classes and i skipped school a lot those days; at least a day every week. final fantasy VII was way more important than school.

i remember not being very good in bahasa melayu. wait, is it still called bahasa melayu or have we returned to bahasa malaysia? they just can't make up their minds eh? simpulan bahasas and peribahasas were a horror for me to remember, and no matter how hard i tried i just couldn't write a vivid essay in bahasa. it's funny how i ended up being one of the better performing students in bahasa melayu. in retrospect, i was lucky.

i hated biology. i couldn't even tell if a cell is dead or alive.

i liked additional maths because problem solving is my thang. ok, despite just narrowly passing almost every time. until about a month before the big day i realized that everything was actually very formulaic. that i didn't actually have to use my brain to do well! fuck, what a realization that was ..

basic mathematics was easy, still i think we weren't taught very well. i didn't understand binomials and statistics at all then, but those are actually some of the easier topics covered when i did year12.

unlike 70% of the scholars i didn't go to boarding school where they prep you to death, and unlike 90% of the other co-ed schooled city kids i didn't bother getting extra help. my teachers, most of them are actually pretty average. but they're all the ones i have. no one seems to like my physics teacher. granted, she isn't very good but i listen to her anyway. and i always get something from it.

my chemistry teacher was missing for the majority of the teaching period. i abhorred lab reports, but it's not like i actually did them myself. copying from your hardworking friends is a lot easier. haha. but i really like chemistry, it made more sense to me than biology.

i love my english teachers. they're different from the other teachers ... i dunno perhaps because they studied overseas?

my history teacher's idea of a good time is by perpetually punishing us, physically and emotionally. she's funny. we love her. we love being in history class, standing up on our chairs because we got one word wrong from the bible=textbook.

my geography teacher is a bitch. she made do an apology in front of the whole school because our class was so damn dirty, when i know the real reason was that i didn't do her homework. she expected me to get a C. i didn't.

and then there is the subject agama islam. whoa. i was the only kid in class who didn't get an A for his PMR. and the teachers were truly concerned because i couldn't read arab. how i got best student for the subject for SPM is beyond me.

9 Comments:

Blogger pinknerd said...

hahahaha. damn you're cute.

07 August, 2007 10:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YoU aRe OnE hElL Of BitChY gEeK dUdE bUt ThEn-LiFe Is IndEeD a BlEsSInG rEGaRdlEsS.

07 August, 2007 10:33  
Blogger yaya schmaya said...

u got best student for agama in spm? wow mantap!! hehe
oh did u take geography for spm too?? i did n i had no idea y! hahahah
sighhh..those days. now i miss my english literature teacher who's a sarcastic feminist bitch yet my role model....heeee

nice post! brings us all down memory lane! kiki

07 August, 2007 10:46  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

I was never good at any subject nor did I like going to school, but I was in boarding school, I can't ponteng. but, I was at my worst, becos sampai tahap my friends yang panggil I, lecture, suruh study.

the only thing I like in school ... is ... my walkman. and some friends. who consented to this scandalous affair I had with my walkman.

07 August, 2007 11:24  
Blogger (nothingness) said...

pink: haha

sean: i am ain't i. in fact i gave my geogaphy teacher a thank you card. it says "thank you. it's been surreal".

yaya: neither did i know why i was taking geography. haha.

cosmic: i don't think i'd survive boarding school. i might turn out to be a super kiasu, and a malay chauvanist as well. haha

08 August, 2007 02:20  
Blogger (nothingness) said...

yaya: best student in my school lah. haha. don't get it though. i mean, i can't even recite the koran.

08 August, 2007 02:21  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

I survived with a huge deep scar. but I survived, still.

I guess thats why I am who I am, a judgemental sarcastic bitch.

I still love my walkman. He who got me thru those years. and some friends.

when I got the penyata kira kira blank sheet for the SPM Accounts paper, I got confused. Ada belajar ke benda ni? On SPM day itself. Thats how bad I was.

Owh, I brought my walkman to SPM exam, hidden under the baju kurung and tudung sekolah. hehe. scandalous affair.

08 August, 2007 14:02  
Blogger Natasha B. said...

High-school was... not bad. Not fantastic, though there were heaps of good times. But not bad either. But then I guess it's because I was one of those "in-betweens"... acknowledged (and maybe even liked!) by the "popular" kids, but not quite in with that crowd.

On the other hand, I wasn't a friendless, loner (even though many admitted I was a strange young lady). Smart enough to get kudos but not so bright that I was labeled a nerd. And I never had the chance to act out because there were so many others doing a better job of it than I! Haha :)

The point is.... "I survived High School and all I got was this lousy certificate."

14 August, 2007 23:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do u mean you can't survive boarding school?

it's not as bad as you think. people don't go around asking other people to study. it's the environment that forces you to study. i mean, the existence of so many tranquil spots, empty classes, shady trees around an empty football field. it's impossible to not want to study.

and also, the inexistence of everything else. like the ability to go to town and buy stuff etc..

i've made an entry entitled "all my teachers were assholes and bitches" once. but i closed that blog oredi.

23 August, 2007 12:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home