Friday, June 01, 2007

the new wave

the apple


i don't have that many friends in the 'creative circle'. my consciousness repels the 'creative circle'. but i suppose i am blessed enough to know a few exceptionally gifted talents. some are already making waves, while the rest are bound to be discovered sooner or later. nadi, adam k, huat, chern, yasmin : you are all hella great.

and of course there are some others, in which despite their relative normalcy still inspires me. my unspoken anti-heroes. some of whom i've never been personally acquainted to, and probably never will. at times i fail to make sense of why they bore such an impact on myself. but they do, and that's all that matters.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WeiRd. CReaTiVe Is AboUt SelF-eXPrESsiOn YeT mOsT cReaTiVe PeOplE tHAt I knOw BuT nOT aLl LaH , aRe EiTHeR sELfIsH oR sELf-AbSoRbEb.bUt TheN aGAiN, aS LoNg As THeY aRe NOt a FakE... i StIll CaN tAHaN...HeHeHe

bTw RePliEd YoUr QuEStIoN oN baNkiNg At My BlOG..hOpE iT wOulD bE oF a HeLp BrO..cHilL!

01 June, 2007 12:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with you. the scene is littered with these so called / self-proclaimed 'creatives', the cool bunch. it gets a little pretentious sometimes.

01 June, 2007 13:34  
Blogger reddaisie said...

am i one of ur 'creative' frens?? hehhee..i can be ...err..sometimes..hehhe

01 June, 2007 17:19  
Blogger (nothingness) said...

pao2. i like you just the way you are lah ;p

01 June, 2007 23:15  
Blogger pinknerd said...

to define creativity is already pretentious in its on way, anyway.

02 June, 2007 00:46  
Blogger (nothingness) said...

haha. true. but then no really calls themselves 'creative'. no one i know at least. what i meant by those self-proclaimed ones is more about their pseudo-intellectual ability in the field of bullshit.

can't blame em though. it's a tough world.

02 June, 2007 02:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the 2nd part, the unspoken anti-heroes happens to me, even now. i think some of the stuff i do revolves around what they say/do...in a way.

i guess i juz wanna be acknowledge by the person...hmmmm....i dunno. am confused. haha

02 June, 2007 10:54  
Blogger reddaisie said...

*blush*

02 June, 2007 15:41  
Blogger (nothingness) said...

shaq: hmm, i wonder who it is? must be a girl kan? haha

02 June, 2007 20:40  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

well, even surrounded by creative people tho I'm not working anywhere near the creative industry, yes, they can get too self-absorbed and they want things to be their way. but maybe thats just me being judgemental.

I guess creativity lies in thinking differently, period.

but being creative doesn't mean you're artsy fartsy or you're in the "IT", working is the creative industry where everything is HIP n HAPPENING. You can still be a bookworm and work in a freaking cold-storage library, and still manage to think creatively.

Unfortunately, in this superficial world, my interpretation of creativity is not well accepted. Hard cold truth, and it never will. Not in this world. Not in this urban, developing, modernised world.

03 June, 2007 01:54  
Blogger (nothingness) said...

i think you are right. egotism is still egotism, even under the banner of creativity.

'creativity' has become a lifestyle choice for those who think they are too cool. heck, maybe i'm just jealous ;p haha. and being a little ironic.

03 June, 2007 03:45  
Blogger (nothingness) said...

does anyone notice who's in that photograph ?

03 June, 2007 04:28  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

yes, I do. Isn't it brian yap? I couldn't figure who's the other white figure and the photographer tho.

and me being judgemental can be associated to envy. but .... I don't know. I never bothered. good for them for what they've chose. I'm glad to be the fake intellectual that I am, whom no one on the street would bother to notice. life's easier that way. well, except for my cool ciggie box. still constantly full and my best friend. heh.

03 June, 2007 13:29  
Blogger (nothingness) said...

you're pretty observant. hmm, you know bryan yap ?


i accidentally underexposed the film. being the cheapskate that i am i rewound the film and used it again. and so, the other white figure is also bryan yap, holding an apple.

03 June, 2007 13:57  
Blogger Kishie said...

the world with 2 bryan yaps. hmm. interesting.

he writes for klue no?

03 June, 2007 14:11  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

I think its cool. I used to wind up the film in my dad's old fuji camera, those old ones that goes on manual. did that when I was 6. and we got amused with the hantu hantu multiexposed when we developed the film later. best giler. hahaha.

noting the smaller figure, I could've guessed it was amani. maybe those shots you took during the rehearsals you went to.

no, I don't know brian yap personally. I read his columns since its related to malaysian economics (if I'm not mistaken) once a while. and nowadays, those highlights on him in yasmin's blog. thats bout it.

I reckon the photographer is not brian yap, is he? hehehe ...

maybe the world can handle a few brian yaps.

me myself already a one-woman freak show, I don't think people like me (if there's any) can be two or three. hahahaha.

03 June, 2007 22:35  
Blogger (nothingness) said...

i love the unpredictability of multiple exposures. i do them for fun sometimes.

actually these aren't from the rehearsal, but from a music video shoot my talented friend adam directed.

03 June, 2007 23:43  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

I see. now that explains the poses. probably movements. heh.

04 June, 2007 04:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i sense some flirting around here. heehee

05 June, 2007 00:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

faiz...awwee, thank you for mentioning me. and YOU are one of the most creative people i know. NY aint seen nothing yet. boy, you need to be here...we are craving for your eye.

creative circles...what creative circle...haha...i know what you mean, but i am just as blessed as you are to have some of the most creative human beings in my life...you, adam, natalie z...and so on...

at the moment im kinda sick of "art" i want to be as far away as i can from it....but thats my own issue and i wont contaminate ur blog ;)

16 June, 2007 10:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home